Boston City Campus and Business College Postgraduate Prospectus 2022 – 2023
Boston City Campus Postgraduate Prospectus 2022 – See Details Below:
Founded in 1991, Boston City Campus has continually added courses to its offering, giving you more and more choices as to what you can study here – we have over 100 courses for you to choose from (Postgraduate, Degrees, Diplomas, Higher Certificates, Occupational courses, and Short learning programs), and cover many fields, including:
|Law||Human Resources||Social Science|
|Health||Sports||Information & Communications Technologies|
|Events||Tourism||Logistics & Supply Chain|
|Project Management||Digital Music||Entrepreneurship|
INTERNATIONAL ACCREDITATION awards local institutions and programmes immediate recognition overseas. Rigorous evaluations are conducted and world-class standards must be met before these accreditations are awarded. Boston is:
- accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC)
- a candidate for accreditation of specific programmes with the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs, United States of America
What this means, practically, is that:
- it opens opportunities to explore overseas qualifications for further studies i.e. Honours (UK), Graduate (UK & USA), Postgraduate (UK & USA), etc.,
- the quality of our qualifications have been externally verified against international standards for higher education, thereby providing you peace of mind, and
- our qualifications support international employability.
We know what it took to get you here – so we’re there for you, every step of the way, with PERSONALISED SUPPORT:
- 45 Support Centres nationwide
- Student Advisors
- Online Educators
- Free online Career Assessment
- Free Financial Independence Short Course (once you’ve registered)
YOU CHOOSE WHEN AND WHERE TO STUDY
- You learn at Boston using state-of-the-art technology-based training, and can study from anywhere, at any time – you won’t miss a lecture because you’re late, and you don’t have to be at a specific place at a specific time (until you write exams).
- So you can study at home, at work, or at any of our 45 Support Centres nationwide.
- Textbooks at Boston are included in your tuition fees
- There are no application fees.
- We have a variety of Payment Plans to suit your pocket.
Research conducted amongst existing Boston students in October 2019:
98% Overall Satisfaction Index
Boston is proud to be associated with these Designated Quality Partners, Quality Assurance Partners, Learning and Quality Assurance Bodies, and Assessment Quality Partners of the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations, as well as eminent international and local professional, industry and statutory bodies:
|CompTIA||British Accreditation Council|
|Financial Management Institute of Southern Africa||Pearson: VUE Testing Centre|
|Pastel Accounting||Health and Welfare SETA|
|Soul Candi Institute of Music||Safety and Security SETA|
|Insurance Sector SETA||Media, Information and Communication Technology SETA|
|Education, Training and Development Practices SETA||Finance and Accounting Services SETA|
|South African Board of People Practices||Institute of Sport|
|Services SETA||Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, United States of America|
|National Association of Distance Education and Open Learning||South African Medical Association|
|Financial Sector Conduct Authority||The Money School|
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION REGULATION 24h
A minimum requirement for admission into the degree is a:
• National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English as one of the subjects passed and with an endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s degree study; or
• National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English as one of the subjects passed and with an endorsement for admission to Bachelor’s degree study; or
• Prior to 2009, Senior Certificate* with English as one of the subjects passed.
* Senior Certificate with a minimum of 40% in at least four higher grade subjects or 50% in at least four standard grade subjects.
ALTERNATIVE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
A number of higher education qualifications may meet the requirements for admission into the degree:
• Higher Certificate, NQF (HEQSF) Level 5, minimum Credits 120;
• Advanced Certificate, NQF (HEQSF) Level 6, minimum Credits 120;
• Diploma, NQF (HEQSF) Level 6, minimum Credits 240 or 360; or
• Equivalent qualification from a foreign higher education institution – see the section on Foreign Applicants.
REGISTRATION CONTRACT AND REFUND POLICY
DHET Regulations 24(n) & (s)
When you register at the beginning of each academic year, a Registration Contract (i.e. the enrolment contract) must be completed in full and must be signed by the student, their legal guardian (if necessary), the account payer, and the person providing financial surety for those paying the tuition fees. The Registration Contract is a legally binding document and is restricted to a twelve (12) month cycle (at a time). Once the Registration Contract has been signed, the account payer becomes liable for the registration, tuition, and fees of the program registered for, after a 7-day cooling-off period. Refunds may be requested by submitting the request in writing and supported by an explanation of the circumstances leading to the request for a refund. The Institution considers refund requests on a case-by-case basis and the decision to refund monies is at the absolute and sole discretion of the management of Boston City Campus & Business College. Information pertaining to withdrawal from a program once studies have
commenced (i.e. cancellation) or pertaining to applications for deferral of studies are set out in the Registration Contract and/or the Student Rulebook. See also information under ‘Fees’.
ALBERTON011 869 4540
47 VOORTREKKER ROAD
BEDFORDVIEW011 455 6992
101 VAN BUUREN ROAD
BENONI011 421 3223/4
83 WOBURN AVENUE
BRAAMFONTEIN011 339 2153 / 011 339 3476
15 STIEMENS STREET
CNR DE BEER STREET
GERMISTON011 872 0253
2ND FL TRUSTBANK BUILDING
CNR VICTORIA &
JOHANNESBURG011 331 2455
1ST FLOOR BOSTON BUILDING
FEES STRUCTURE, BURSARIES, AND SCHOLARSHIPS
CONTACTS, LOCATION, AND CAMPUSES
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATIONS