University of the Free State UFS Advanced Certificate in Teaching ACT Admission Requirements
UFS Advanced Certificate in Teaching ACT Admission Requirements – Check below;
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAMME:
Admission into the Advanced Certificate in Teaching is subject to the General Rules for Undergraduate Qualifications. In addition, applicants must adhere to the requirements of the Faculty of Education and the Specific Requirements of the Discipline. The following Specific Requirements apply:
- 1 The minimum qualification admission requirement is an approved and recognized professional teaching qualification evaluated as REQV 13
- 2 Practising teacher (currently employed as a teacher)
- 3 In possession of a recognised professional teaching qualification at minimum NQF Exit level 5 or equivalent, which includes having:
- a. A Teacher’s Diploma; or
- b. National Professional Diploma in Education; or
- c. Equivalent NQF Level 5 qualification; or
- d. A 480-credit Bachelor of Education at NQF Level 7 (in a different phase or specialization); or
- e. An applicable Advanced Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate in Education (in a different phase or specialization)
- 4 Teachers who enroll for the qualification must provide proof that they either teach Intermediate Phase or they have access to an Intermediate Phase classroom for the duration of the programme.
- 5 Have access to the Internet and a laptop. Visit www.ufs.ac.za/ACTonline for laptop specifications.
TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAMME:
A laptop, as part of the equipment a student needs for the program, is compulsory. ICT forms an integral part of the ACT program.
You will be provided the opportunity to buy a laptop through Eduloan TM at an exceptional competitive price on the Student Technology Program (STP). General information is available at http://www.eduloan.co.za/
The laptops purchased through the STP initiative come pre-loaded with the necessary anti-virus and processing software. However, purchasing of a laptop through Eduloan TM is not compulsory.
A student in the ACT program is free to purchase a laptop from any service provider.
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR A LAPTOP TO BE USED IN THE PROGRAM ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Intel Core i5 processor
- 500 GB / 1 TB HDD
- 4GB RAM
- Windows 8 Pro
- USB 3.0 x 2, Bluetooth, Ethernet
- 15.6” HD Display (1366×768)
- 8x CD / DVD Multi Writer
It is important for students to note that the UFS will take no responsibility to ensure that the laptop the student provides is suitable for use in the program.