University of Cape Town UCT MBA Online Application
University of Cape Town UCT MBA Online Application – see details below on how to apply into MBA…
START YOUR MBA APPLICATION JOURNEY Now that you’ve decided to take the next step, this is what you need to know about applying for the MBA at the UCT GSB.
Before you proceed to application, click on the links below for information:
STEP 1: PREPARE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
- Three motivation essays
- Two evaluator’s forms. Approach two individuals who know you in a professional context, and who are not family members, to complete the confidential evaluator’s forms. Please ensure each evaluator completes a form and emails it directly to GSB admissions.
- Certified copy of your degree certificate and academic transcript (not necessary for UCT qualifications)
- Certified copy of ID or passport
- Proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee
- International applicants whose first language is not English should provide a score of 600 on the TOEFL test or an overall band score of 7.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Please courier or hand-deliver hard copies of these documents (but not the evaluator’s forms) to GSB admissions at the Breakwater campus.
Note: Each certified copy of qualifications, transcripts, ID or passport must carry an original stamp from a Commissioner of Oaths. Documents which have previously been certified and then photocopied are not acceptable.
STEP 2: TAKE THE GMAT
All MBA applicants are required to write the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and obtain an acceptable GMAT score. A GMAT score of 550 will ordinarily be required.
Bookings should be made at http://www.mba.com
The UCT GSB runs a GMAT Prep Course three times a year, one in Johannesburg and twice in Cape Town. This is an intensive five-day short course that will give you a thorough overview of what to expect in the GMAT exam. Delegates will leave the course set up to succeed as they embark on their MBA adventure.
STEP 3: WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE AN RPL CANDIDATE
If you have not completed a Bachelor Honours degree, Postgraduate Diploma or a cognate Bachelor’s Degree equivalent at level 8 through relevant work experience you can apply through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) route and submit the Portfolio of Learning (POL) assessment form.
STEP 4: PAY YOUR NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE (FOR 2022)
|Citizens of all African countries||R1 650 (One Thousand Six Hundred and Fifty Rand)|
|Applicants from all other countries||US$ 285 (Two Hundred and Eighty-Five US Dollars)|
Mandatory to complete and submit your UCT online application.
When completing the “Programme of Study” section, please select the following:
- 2022 academic year
- Level of Qualification: GSB (Postgraduate Programmes)
- Faculty: Commerce
- Academic Qualification: GSB Master of Business Administration