University of Cape Town UCT Postgraduate Housing
University of Cape Town UCT Postgraduate Housing – see details below:
Three important things to know about accommodation on UCT campus:
- UCT can offer on-campus accommodation to just over 600 postgraduates, so space is limited. If you are looking for on-campus accommodation, apply early. You will not be considered for on-campus accommodation unless you apply.
- The allocated bed space for postgraduate students is proportionally divided between the faculties. Each faculty has a set number of housing places for the year, and placement is dependent on individual faculty rules.
- Some residences provide for the needs of students with physical disabilities.
Third-tier residences for postgraduates
Third-tier residences offer semi-autonomous self-catering accommodation. They have wardens who oversee the academic and social well-being of the students in the sector. The wardens ensure that there is a good community life in the houses, flats and the purpose-built residence like OBZ Square .
Since there are limited places in UCT residences, many postgraduate students find their own accommodation in private housing off campus.
UCT’s Student housing policy (2017-2021)
Five tips for finding accommodation off-campus
- Start looking for accommodation at least two months before your planned occupation date: Accommodation in Cape Town is highly sought after.
- The Off-Campus Student Accommodation Services (OCSAS) team helps students find accommodation. Get in touch with the OCSAS team if you need assistance (see box below).
- UCT provides a list of private accommodation on the OCSAS website to help you find somewhere to live
- UCT offers a free shuttle bus called the Jammie Shuttle. Cape Town is a big city with poor public transport infrastructure, so accommodation within walking distance of any Jammie shuttle bus stop saves a great deal of time and money.
- Beware of false advertising and scams. Use accredited landlords and sign a lease agreement before you pay a deposit and move in.
Off Campus Student Accommodation Service (OCSAS) provides a practical and viable alternative to the residence system by offering comprehensive information and guidance to off-campus accommodation.
Tel: +27(0)21 650 4934
Email: email@example.com: firstname.lastname@example.org
UCT ONLINE APPLICATION STATUS
UCT COURSES OFFERED
UCT ONGOING REGISTRATIONS
UCT BURSARIES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
UCT 2022 PROSPECTUS
UCT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
UCT FEES STRUCTURE