University of Pretoria Residence Fees 2022
University of Pretoria Residence Fees 2022 – See Details Below:
Residence Fees 2022
Students who are expecting to make use of funding (NSFAS, bursaries or other sponsorships) to finance their student accommodation, are urged to make use of University accredited accommodation or University residences.
When to pay
for residence placement
|Payable within 30 days from the date of written notification that you have been allocated a place||• This reservation fee also serves as a first instalment on the residence room fee.
• The full reservation fee is payable every year if/when the room is re-allocated.
Fully payable before registration is allowed
See residence room fees in the table below
|This fee will be billed on your student account and is payable with the rest of the account.||30 days notice is required to vacate your residence room. Your account will be billed for the full 30 day notice period even if you move out earlier.|
|Cancellation fee of room placement (BEFORE having moved into residence)||
|Will be billed to your student account||If you cancel your room within 30 days after accepting it, R1 355 of the reservation fee will be retained as a cancellation fee.|
|If you cancel your room more than 30 days after accepting it, R2 850 of the reservation fee will be retained as a cancellation fee|
|Termination of staying in residence (AFTER having moved into residence)||30 days written notice is required.||You will be liable for payment of the following:
• the number of days that you have stayed in the residence plus the 30 days of your notification period. Email your notice to email@example.com
• all meals you have taken
No credit is given on annual room fee if room is vacated after 15 September.
(maximum cost per year if three meals per day are taken)
|R14 400 (minimum initial amount is payable with the rest of the account)||• R14 400 will initially be billed to your account, so that you can book and eat meals in the residence dining hall.
• Should this amount not be sufficient, additional payments must be made to the student account before additional meals may be taken.
• Should fewer meals be taken in the year, the balance will be credited to your student account at the end of the year.
• Any meal credits will first be applied to cover any outstanding amounts on your student account.
• Any remaining meal credits will only be paid out to you if your student account is fully paid.
|See TuksRes Guide for details.||• Students will have to move to an allocated holiday residence for this period.
• This fee is payable as the normal residence fees do not include holiday periods.
Residence students must pre-book meals in their residence or they can buy individual food items in the dining hall. Should the initial R14 400 which is billed to your account, not be sufficient for the year, further payments will be necessary to provide for additional meals.
Booked meals that have not been taken will be charged.
Paying for additional meals
Once the initial meals money loaded onto your student card at the beginning of the year is depleted, you may add additional meals money in one of the following ways:
- Pay at the cashiers on campus, indicating that the payment is for meals.
- Make a deposit (or EFT) to our ABSA bank account 214 00 000 54 (see our full bank details in the Fees and Funding brochure on our web page) using your student number as reference. Notify us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) that the payment made is for meals.
- Make use of our online credit card payment option (see our web page for the link) to make a payment. Notify us via email (email@example.com) that the payment made is for meals.
- Should there be a credit balance on your student account, request us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to transfer an amount to your student card for meals.
Please note: Payments made at the cashiers will be activated on the same day, but the other payment options may take longer to be activated.
Breakage fees for residence students
During your stay in residence if any damage is done by you to the university property, a breakage fee will be levied on your student account.
Residence room fees
Note: No credit is given on annual room fee if room is vacated after 15 September
Accommodation and meal fees: 2022
See below table or download pdf version here
|RESIDENCES||DISTANCE FROM HATFIELD||SINGLE ROOMS||DOUBLE ROOMS||MEAL|
|LADIES RESIDENCES: HOUSE NALA AND HOUSE KHUTSO||On campus||R56 500||R53 100||R14 400|
|LADIES RESIDENCES: ASTERHOF, ERICA, MADELIEF, HOUSE MAGS AND NERINA||On campus||R46 450||R43 100||R14 400|
|Ladies residences: Nerina (new single)||On campus||R51 770||R14 400|
|LADIES RESIDENCES: AZALEA||1,5 km||R57 570||R53 430||R14 400|
|Men’s residences: College and The Tower||1,5 km||R56 500||R53 100||R14 400|
|Men’s residences: Tuks Ekhaya and House TAU||1,5 km||R54 050||R50 260||R14 400|
|Men’s residences: Mopane and Morula Legae||1,5 km||R57 570||R53 430||R14 400|
|TUKS VILLAGE (SELF-CATERING)||1,5 km||R51 770||R14 400|
|XAYATA||On campus||R46 450||R43 100||R14 400|
|LADIES RESIDENCES: ZINNIA, HAYANI AND IKAGENG||3,5 km||R46 450||R43 100||R14 400|
|MEN’S RESIDENCE: TIRISANO||3,5 km||R46 450||R43 100||R14 400|
|PRINSHOF CAMPUS: FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES|
|LADIES RESIDENCE: CURELITZIA||6 km||R46 450||R43 100||R14 400|
|MEN’S RESIDENCE: HOUSE UKUTHULA (SELF-CATERING)||6 km||R49 350||R14 400|
|MEN’S RESIDENCE: HOUSE UKUTHULA FLATS (SELF-CATERING)||6 km||R66 850||R14 400|
|MIXED RESIDENCE: TUKS BOPHELONG (SELF-CATERING)||6 km||R51 770||R14 400|
|MIXED RESIDENCE: HIPPOKRATES (BACHELOR FLAT) (SELF-CATERING)||6 km||R66 850||R14 400|
|MIXED RESIDENCE: HIPPOKRATES (SINGLE ROOM) (SELF-CATERING)||6 km||R58 750||R14 400|
|ONDERSTEPOORT CAMPUS: FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE|
|MIXED RESIDENCE: OP VILLAGE||22 km||R46 450||R14 400|
|MIXED RESIDENCE: OP VILLAGE (NEW BLOCKS) (SELF-CATERING)||22 km||R56 500||R14 400|
|Mixed residence: OP Village (Block P) (Self-Catering)||22 km||R50 260||R14 400|
|POST GRADUATE: HATFIELD CAMPUS|
|JAKARANDA, PROTEA MBALENHLE (SINGLE FLAT) (SELF-CATERING)||On Campus||R66 850|
|JAKARANDA, PROTEA MBALENHLE (TWO ROOM FLAT FOR TWO STUDENTS / PP) (SELF-CATERING)||On Campus||R60 500|
|TUKSDORP (SINGLE ROOM) (SELF-CATERING)||On Campus||R49 350|
|UP LEASED PROPERTIES|
|APARTMENTS ON WILLIAMS (SINGLE ROOM – SHARING UNITS) (SELF-CATERING)||On Campus||R55 400||R14 400|
|HATFIELD SQUARE (DOUBLE – COMMUNAL BATHROOM AND COMMUNAL KITCHEN)||On Campus||R54 700||R14 400|
|RESIDENCES||DISTANCE FROM HATFIELD||SINGLE ROOMS||SHARING ROOM||MEAL|
|UP LEASED PROPERTIES: PRINSHOF CAMPUS|
|FLOWER’S EDGE (SINGLE STUDIO – BACHELOR UNIT WITH BATHROOM AND KITCHEN)||6 km||R62 850||R14 400|
|FLOWER’S EDGE (2-BEDROOM APARTMENT – BATHROOM AND KITCHEN)||6 km||R58 750||R14 400|
|Flower’s Edge (3-bedroom Apartment – bathroom and kitchen)||6 km||R55 800||R14 400|
Note: Estimated 100% of meals = R36 100
9.University of Pretoria Courses Offered
FEES STRUCTURE, BURSARIES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATIONS
CONTACTS, LOCATION AND CAMPUSES