University of Zululand Botany Department
University of Zululand Botany Department – See Details Below:
What is Botany?
Botany is the scientific study of plants and deals with the following aspects:
- Internal structure of cells and tissues (cytology and anatomy)
- External structure (morphology)
- Nutrition, growth and movement (physiology)
- Adaptations, interactions and relationships (ecology)
- Identification, classification and distribution (taxonomy)
- Reproduction and inheritance (genetics)
- Population biology, management and rehabilitation (conservation)
- Usage of plants by people (ethnobotany)
The botany department is rural-based and strives to provide quality education.
To provide relevant academic programs and research projects which are responsive to the development needs of the society.
To generate knowledge through research and disseminate it through publications.
FEES STRUCTURE, BURSARIES, AND SCHOLARSHIPS
CONTACTS, LOCATION, AND CAMPUSES
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATIONS