Walter Sisulu University WSU Faculty of Education
Walter Sisulu University WSU Faculty of Education – See Details Below:
About Faculty of Education
To endeavour to be a leading faculty in the preparation and development of teachers of the highest quality, and the promotion of research as well as innovative and critical skills required to uplift regional, provincial and national communities.
The Faculty is committed to excellence in:
- pre- and in-service teacher education programmes;
- providing teachers with relevant knowledge and skills;
- the preparation of teachers in Mathematics, Science and Technology as well as other critical school learning (subject) areas, suited for schools located in a predominantly rural environment;
- community development programmes through adult education and community training;
- equipping students with socio-scientific and developmental knowledge and skills in order to contribute meaningfully to the socio-economic development of the region and
- To be a leading teacher education faculty in the Eastern Cape and
- To be a hub and custodian of diverse teacher education programmes of the highest quality which address the full range of teacher education needs in the education system, with emphasis on Mathematics, Science and Technology Education as well as other critical school learning
- To uphold and advance the socio-economic developmental role of teacher education through effective conscientisation of teachers, community development agencies and community development workers.
- To nurture, through the study of social scientific knowledge and research skills, innovative, creative and critical skills required to improve the quality of life of
- To reflect, represent and express both in deed and outlook an epitome of teacher professional ethical standards of the highest
- To expand the range of teacher education programmes that address the needs of all the school phases in the education
- To address the quantitative and qualitative teacher shortages and weaknesses in the education system effectively by streamlining the programmes
- To integrate pre- and in-service teacher education such that it becomes a continuous process,catering for the lifelong learning of
- To form partnerships with relevant stakeholders in line with our vision.
FEES STRUCTURE, BURSARIES, AND SCHOLARSHIPS
CONTACTS, LOCATION, AND CAMPUSES
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND REGISTRATIONS